Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Where My Walk Took Me on 28 April 2014

A while ago I planned on doing this type of blog on a somewhat regular basis, but things just got too busy. I'm not promising a regular post now either, but when I can, I'll show you some pics of my lunch-time perambulations here in your Nation's Capitol.

The weather has been a touch cold this week,so I didn't want to spend a lot of time outdoors. I'm sure when it gets too hot, the same will apply. Yesterday, to stay warm, I headed over to the National Botanical Gardens, which is right across the street from the Capitol Building.

The gardens outside are starting to show some interesting blooms. Check this one out and tell me it doesn't make you think of Body Snatchers!
I liked this one because of a recent personality test that said my inner color is yellow. Like my friend Anya, I'm not overly fond of the color yellow - it's typically such a weak color - again, stealing the words out of Anya's mouth, but I agree with the analogy. But I do like this sunny shade of yellow, and that's the shade I'm going with when it is used to describe my "inner self." 
They've had this orchid show going on for a while, and this one was just spectacular (note the brilliant shade of yellow again - could be my inner self calling out to these things).  
This cactus made me think of all my family in Texas. It's such an ugly cactus, and then it shoots out these gorgeous little flowers. I thought that was pretty awesome.
Here are some tulips growing side-ways. Seriously, I don't know what the problem is with this blog site - it keeps turning my pics on their side! Really makes me crazy, because I adore white tulips - which is why I took this pic!
This one is for the Domster unit - star jasmine - just like she grows it at home. 
I almost didn't recognize this one - it looked so different from any fuscia I've ever seen. And I love fuscia. Because it's one of the few flowering plants that grows in shade - of which my back yard has plenty.
The Botanical Gardens had this one room dedicated to a bunch of these metal sculptures, each of which had an herb or spice in the center, and the cover on the center is perforated so you could smell said herb/spice. It was very cool.
 This shot is for my poor sunburned SigO. Slather, slather, slather goober boy.
And, last, but definitely not least, here's one for my big brudder - the coffee addict. This is a coffee bush - full of coffee beans. If only he could grow one of these in his yard - how much money would he save on coffee every month? What am I saying? He'd pick it dry in the first week!
Rainy days today and tomorrow. Maybe that will give me time to post the blog from this past weekend.

No comments: