Thursday, June 21, 2007

We're Everywhere

I met a fellow knitter today. I was walking by the rows and rows of cubicles that infest this office space and caught a quick glimpse of a picture of spindles being used as wallpaper on a laptop. Of course, I couldn't just walk by without finding out who she was and if she was a knitter. Sure enough...she not only knits but has honed her spinning skills down to lace-weight fiber.

She gave me a quick lesson on turning a heel and then we discovered we have something else in common...

We've both learned how to deal with the local traffic jams without losing our minds. I only got three rows knit up on the way in this morning since there was a pesky police officer who stayed in the lane next to me for about 80% of my drive in. While I very much appreciate the job they do, I don't think they understand that it's really not too difficult to knit while sitting in a parking lot on the express(and I use that word laughingly)way.
If the Yarn Harlot ran the world, I'm sure she'd pass a law to permit such behavior. The reduction in road rage would certainly make it a worthy law!

1 comment:

emicat said...

It's great that you found a fellow knitter at work. Alas, I'm the only knitter where I work, but that doesn't stop me from showing off my first half of my very first pair of socks when I got it done during my lunch hour :)