Monday, June 23, 2008

Mostly Eating

When I decided to write about the weekend, it seemed as if we spent the entire time eating. First, we went to the Manor House to celebrate my promotion. This is a really great place out in the foothills of the Shenandoah. The food is excellent and the location is quite gorgeous. We had a table right next to the french doors and after dinner we moved out to the balcony and drank 150 year old Grand Marnier. While the meal was quite spectacular, I enjoyed that last hour outside drinking a nice after-dinner drink and talking with my LOML and only the fireflies intruded on our conversation.
Saturday, we tried to make up for the decadence of Friday night with a bike ride down the W&OD, but since we ended the ride at Jimmy's Old Town Tavern in Herndon, eating burgers and fries and drinking beer and jaeger bombs, I'm not sure how much we really got ahead - or even caught up - with the damage done Friday night. So, Sunday, we went to the pool and did an hour of lap swimming - that will definitely burn some calories, right? Which we promptly replaced at Tim's Rivershore Restaurant and Crabhouse shown in this really grainy picture from above:



I wasn't a complete bum on the knitting front - but the throw I'm working on isn't exactly in its photogenic stage right now - so look at the cool blocks I've done for Carol Doak's Block of the Month (BOM) challenge instead:


I recently bought the latest Quilt Pro software and I was hoping to use it to figure out exactly which fabrics to use for the June block, but so far it's got me stymied on how to load my own fabrics in there without the software distorting the print on the fabrics completely. So, that puts me behind on the BOM challenge, but then, how would I recognize myself if I were ever caught up, or heaven forbid, ahead of the game?!

No comments: