Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hazy, Lazy daze in Acadia

Today was the first pretty day we've had since we arrived, late Saturday evening, here in Maine. We've had lots of fog and rain since we got here, but today was gorgeous. So, we drove up to the top of Cadillac Mountain to see the sights. Even though it was pretty clear, you can see there was still some misty clouds hanging around the islands. After the drive we hiked up to the top of the Bubbles. That's a short little hike (.5miles) but a tad steep. It has a gorgeous view at the top, as usual.This particular picture was taken while I was looking for the trail down the other side of the hill to hike around the lake - no joy there. I never could find that trail, even though I got a few scrapes and bruises trying.

I've done a little knitting since we got here, but after starting a little cotton top, my SigO broke one of my needles, so that put an end to that project - for now - then I started on my second March Sock of the month Socks that Rock project, only to realize after finishing the cuff that I was using the wrong pattern...so, I need to rip that out and start again. As you can see, not much progress all in all, although, I did put a nice little short row heel on my traffic socks. I used a different pattern this time and it came out better than the last one.
Also, before I left for this trip, I managed to complete the June Block of the Month project for my Carol Doak challenge:
This was my first quilt block designed with Quilt Pro, then actually created. It looks a little different in real life because the batik doesn't stand out as much as I'd like. Still, I was pretty happy with myself for being able to put it together on the computer first. My next project to construct with the computer is a Storm at Sea in blues and yellows. Wish me luck.

As my last act of "catching up" on the blog, this is the only major cross stitch project I've completed since I fell so far behind on this blogging thing.

I've done four other really tiny little cross stitch projects - you know - the kind you can finish in a few hours...those are really rewarding, especially when you're working on a never ending afghan as a knitting project. Truth be told, I've put that aside and it may never be completed. Now I'm working on a different afghan. This is from the "Absolutely Fabulous Throw Kit" from Collinette, in the Ivory Colorway. It's not exactly at it's most photogenic phase right now, but the SigO has already claimed it for himself. Finally, speaking of the SigO, check out his shin:His daughter thought he might have leprosy or something - but I know better - he's just as big a clutz as I am - thank heavens we never procreated!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey, welcome back to the blogging world!

That sock is coming out wonderfully (I'm a sucker for anything orange) and oh my gosh, did you just say you're a STR Clubber? Me = green with envy. You've come a long way from First Sock 3.0, lady! =)