Thursday, March 26, 2009

Lovely DC

Trying to avoid traffic in the DC Metro area is a daily adventure. Which route will offer the least hideous commute today?
Yesterday, I decided on what is the longest commute in mileage, but frequently the shortest commute in time. This commute takes me right past the Lincoln Memorial. Off in the distance is the Capital and the National Memorial, and yesterday, the sky was incredible. So, check this picture out:
The funny thing about this picture is you have to try to imagine me fumbling to get the camera out of the purse, turn it on, and hold it up in the corner of the windshield - all this while driving around a curve in the road - I couldn't believe it when I got to work and could really look at the pic and see that it actually turned out nicely. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised - it's all the practice I get knitting and driving at the same time.
That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

No comments: