Thursday, May 21, 2009

Slacking off again

I meant to blog about my wonderful Birthday last week, and am just now getting around to it.
First, the SigO spoiled me rotten. Tons of great presents, including a Kindle, BowFlex dumbbells, P90X, and a Zumba DVD set. No, he's not trying to tell me something - this is what I asked for.
If you're not already green with envy, here's the kicker...
We went to the Inn at Little Washington Saturday night for dinner. Every wonderful thing you've heard about it is an under statement!
We had:
Appetizers:
Both: A Melange of Spicy big Eye Tuna with Mango, Avocado, Crispy Shallots and Sake-Yuzu Sorbet (This was my favorite)
Second Course:
Me: A Marriage of Hot and Cold Foie Gras with Ice Wine Jelly and House Made Quince Preserves
SigO: Pecan-Crusted Soft Shell Crab Tempura with Italian Mustard Fruit and Marinated Cabbage Slaw (this was his favorite)
Main Course:
Me: Four Story Hill Farm Veal Sweetbreads on Pappardelle Pasta with Local Morels, Asparagus and Virginia Country Ham
SigO: Veal Parmesan Reincarnated: Prosciutto Wrapped, Pan Roasted Loin of Pennsylvania Veal with Spinach Raviolini and Parmesan Broth
Dessert:
Me: Southern Butter Pecan Ice Cream Sandwich with Hot Caramel Sauce
Him: A Chocolate Mint Fantasy: Mint Ice Cream Festooned with Chocolate Streamers (it looked like an elaborate sculpture)
Of course, we paired this with some nice wines. I was just a touch typsy when I came out (he drove - natch), so I was entranced with everything. The sky was spectacular and I was taking pictures like crazy. He kept telling me I was going to laugh at myself when I saw them the next day, but look at what I got:
But of course, he had to be right about a few of them:

3 comments:

Chelette said...

I am definitely jealous. I have been reading your blog for over a year (since the Poplar Springs trip)and your trips just get better and better.. THE INN ON LITTLE Washington, well he surely planned way ahead for that one. That is on my WISH list for sure!!!

KnittingKittens said...

Happy,happy Birthday! I am so glad you had a great birthday celebration!

Carlee Brian said...

i guess you were a little tipsy...love the pic of the street sign "GAY"... lol!!