Monday, May 23, 2011

Field Trip

Friday, one of my coworkers suggested we spend lunch strolling the grounds of Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, VA. An excellent suggestion as the day was beautiful and it's always nice to get out of the office for a minute.


Here are some pictures of the gardens.


The bell of Peace and Harmony donated by the Koreans:

From Afar
Really, really close


Dragon head on top.



There were some incredible peonies in bloom - and we all know I have a soft spot for peonies.



For a while, we stood out on a deck in the middle of the lake and watched the turtles and koi swim around. This is the view from the deck.

Then we headed over to the kiddie garden - that I couldn't play in, cuz I had to go back to poopy old work and I would have gotten all dirty. Poo.


On the way out, and back to the grind, we passed this miniature garden. Way cool.

We've all sworn we're going to do this again soon, but I suspect it will take Dario to get us out there again. Go, Dario, Go!!

No comments: