Tuesday, May 17, 2011

New River

Well, we got to go White Water Rafting again this year. I didn't sit in the front like I did last time, and it's not nearly as breathtaking.
Next time, I'm definitely back up front.
Once again, we managed to stay in the boat the entire time, although SigO did his best to go for a swim. The boat tipped up on the side we were sitting on and I was sure we were going over. SigO had a special little moment with the guy sitting next to him at the front of the boat. After they were done making out, SigO pulled him back into the boat and we were back on our way.

After we were finished braving Class III - V rapids, we rushed back to the cabin and jumped in the jacuzzi with an ice-cold Stella. It really doesn't get much better than that.

And now, to the irony. After surviving the "dangerous" rapids, we went to Pies & Pints on a recommendation for dinner. We had planned on eating there, but there was a girl at a nearby table who could have shattered glass with the shrillness of her voice. We were both ready for some peace and quiet, so we took our pizza to go and headed back to the cabin. By this time, it had been raining for about 30 minutes, and it was coming down pretty steady. Naturally, not only did I not want to get wet, but I didn't want the pizza to get wet either, so we rushed up to the door as quickly as I could hobble on this knee, and sure enough, my feet slid out from underneath me on the slick wood of the deck. My right leg went flailing out and I came crashing down on my left knee. Fun times. Isn't it just the way that I survive Class V rapids, but can't survive a trip across a 10foot deck.

The knee is fine. Never fear. It stung pretty good for a while there though.

We came home the next day and started cleaning up the house that we had left messy in our haste to get outta Dodge. And wouldn't you know it, first the dishwasher refused to drain and started leaking into our newly refurbished kitchen. Then our washing machine overflowed the sink drain and water went rushing all over the laundry room. Nothing like home sweet home huh?

I think SigO summed it up best when he pointed out that "Logistics Of Life" has the same acronym as "Laughing Out Loud".

Appropriately so.

No comments: