Thursday, July 5, 2007

Still Quilting


Well, all those little squares became this. All laid out and ready to sew...100 big squares...together. Each square with nine little seams to match up. *sigh*
I really think quilting is the most labor intensive thing I do. Seriously.
1. Buy Fabric that has the right color and light qualities for your project
2. Press out all the crappy creases
3. Cut into tiny little blocks so you can
4. Sew them into bigger blocks so you can
5. Sew them into one big quilt top
6. Pressing your seams to one direction or another with each and every stinkin' iteration of above process!
And that just gives you the top. There's still the quilting involved, which, of course, I ain't gonna do on a beast this big!
All I'm saying is it's much easier to:
1. Buy Yarn
2. Knit Yarn
And on that note, this quilt top will probably sit on my floor all perfectly laid out for an indefinite period of time while I go back to my white knitted top...pics on that tomorrow.

No comments: