Thursday, August 9, 2007

Blogging

I'm always so disappointed when I go to the Yarn Harlot's blog and there's not a new post. Which made me realize, that there usually is a new post. And it's usually a lot of fun to read. So, think about that for a minute. Not only does she post regularly, but she has something interesting to say when she does. I mean, honestly, I have a hard time coming up with something interesting to say once a week, much less once a day.
One thing I have noticed though is a lot of people will blog about things that don't turn out as well as expected, so, here's my opportunity for that.
It's been so hot here, I decided I'd go for a swim yesterday after work instead of the more traditional bike ride. So, I lug my gear over to the pool nearest my office and ask how much for admission. Turns out, they don't work that way around here. You have to go to the association and get a pool pass...as if! As if a city association would be open at 6PM!
But, no worries, that just means I'll get to the quilting guild meeting on time, right? After driving the most convoluted course conceivable (say that fast five times!), my car's GPS finally gets me to the little elementary school where we're supposed to meet. The elementary school that is locked up tighter than Fort Knox. If this were an old western movie, tumbleweed would have gone rolling by for the paucity of people and cars. Come to find out, the meetings don't start at 6:30 as expected, but at 7:30.
So much for the best laid plans, eh? Only one thing left...go home and crack a beer!
Oh, and here's the cherry...I called the association today. For non-residents (I work in this area --shouldn't that give me something?) a pool pass costs $167.50. Shyeah! I'm gonna pay that to swim once a week for the remaining month in the season!

My co-worker reminded me today of how much fun it is to watch a cat chase a ping pong ball. I feel myself weakening...

No comments: