Monday, October 1, 2007

Fun, Busy and Productive Weekend

The first thing I did this weekend (Friday evening) was put together the Carol Doak October Block of the Month paper pieced quilt block. I'm having the basement refurbished, so who knows when I'll have access to my sewing machine again, so it seemed prudent to do the block ASAP.

Saturday, the SigO and I took it easy and went "shopping" for a big screen LCD TV. By shopping, I mean to say we went to a few places and looked at the outrageous prices. We started out at Best Buy thinking to ourselves that at least there, they would come out and install the TV for us...and they would...for a whopping fee of $500! So, then we went over to Costco and looked at some of the exact same TV's for hundreds of dollars less. We just need to figure out how to get the dang thing installed.
After that shock to the system, we headed out to Tim's Rivershore Restaurant and Crabhouse for some beer, live music and crabcakes. The table next to us was getting down with the crabs, and I was tempted, but such work! Especially given the variable of a permanent crab smell to First Sock Part Deux, which also enjoyed the scenery very much.






Pretty hard to see it in the picture, but there is a sailboat tacking against the wind far out in the distance. I have a weak spot for sailboats. They're so elegant and romantic...so much classier than the motorboats crowded all around the area! I also thought the crab-traps a nice touch, given that we were eating at a crab house...it is a little disturbing though to think about eating anything out of the Potomac. Such a filthy river. I was really surprised to see some kids swimming around in it and their parents watching from the back of the boat. Perhaps they're unaware that the sewer backs up into this unfortunate river everytime it rains.

Sunday we did one of my favorite hikes at one of my favorite local national parks, which remains un-named here because, so far, it is still largely undiscovered, and while I recognize that not only do very few people read my blog, but many of those who, do don't even live in this state...still, I'd rather not take the chance of this park being discovered by the "unwashed masses" as the SigO jokingly likes to call them. After the 7 mile trek, we wolfed down some waffles and headed home, where I finally managed to finish his first sock.
Only one more to go, then I have my brother's, sister-in-law's, mother's and best friends to knit...all before Christmas...what are my chances, do you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend. Wasn't the weather great?