Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wicked Wednesday - Inexplicable Time

Is it really only Wednesday? How is it, that when Christmas rolls around, we're all so stunned:

"Christmas!? Already? It feels like I just finished celebrating a new year a few weeks ago! How could it possibly be Christmas already?!"

And yet, each individual week, it takes an absolute eternity for the weekend to get here.

I think I know.

I think time flies so exponentially faster on your time off (weekends, evenings, holidays, vacations), that it creates a vortex which sucks in the rest of the year, causing time overall to fly by, while still allowing it to creep ever so slowly while you're at work.

If that's not wicked, well, I just don't know what is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS ONE!! You are absolutely correct and I have never heard it explained better!!

Diana