Thursday, October 1, 2009

Crazy Busy

I know - I'm late in posting, but I have been crazy busy lately. Crazy busy getting ready for a business trip next week. Crazy busy doing P90x. Don't even try giving me that deer in the headlights look. I don't even watch commercials and I've heard Tony's obnoxious promo's on the product.

Ab Ripper!! I hate it. But I love it.

Blech.

Needless to say, I curse at the TV a lot while doing these routines, but I can't argue with the results so far.

So, but, I have a few minutes now, so thought I'd tell you about my weekend.

We went and looked at RV's.

You all probably know by now that the 5-year dream/fantasy/plan - call it what you want - is to sell everything, buy an RV and spend our golden years traveling around. The RV will be home. As such, that means it needs to be a monster RV. Which is why we're looking at a 42 footer. The one we liked the best (where we were looking - and yes, it was the only 42' model on the lot) was the Timmons Phaeton. We looked at some smaller ones, and as soon as we walked in, I thought "there's not even enough room for all my yarn in here!!!" But, I think we could fit into this one. It's got a bath and a half. It's got a king size bed. It's got a full sized fridge.A washer/dryer. And a bigger kitchen than the one I have now - I'm just sayin.

Let me tell you though - as you're driving down the road, and one of these beasts passes by you (and if so - you're driving too damn slowly - again - just sayin'), you see all these compartments along the side. I've always thought those were storage compartments. And some of them are. But most are just places for the sewage, or the propane tank, etc. Not nearly as much storage space as you'd think. We'll have to get one of those roof luggage things, put that on top of our tow vehicle, and stow all my yarn in there. Cuz you know, it's all about the yarn.

Anyway, that night, we went to Cavalia. This is a show out of Canada that mixes Cirque du Soleil and horses. We had a very nice time, and the show was quite spectacular. My favorite part was right at the beginning - this girl was on a trampoline, flipping her legs over her perfectly straight, horizontal body - over, and over, and over again. Quite the sight. Also, there was this one scene where it looked very much Lord of the Rings.
That was very pretty. Another scene had a group of rather gorgeous men standing on the backs of two horses and galloping around, jumping, doing tricks, etc.
H and I lamented over the fact that undoubtedly none of them are interested in women. So many gorgeous men. So few straight.
The show effectively ended with several stunt riders, one after the other, while also featuring several acrobats and aerialists doing their thing.
A nice show, all the way around.

As far as knitting goes, after the RV lot, we went to Old Town Needlecrafts in Manassas, VA. Like In Stitches, she sells knitting, needlepoint and cross stitch. She also sells some quilting supplies. I was only into the knitting. I got the yarn and pattern for a Filatura Di Crosa cardigan that I intend to start just as soon as I'm done with the Araucania Hoodie. I know - amazing - I'm finishing a project before starting another. That's just because I really want to wear the hoodie this fall, and time's a ticking. So far, I have the back and left front knit up. The sleeves are short, so those won't take long, but I just finished the ribbing on the right front, so I have a lot to go on that, plus the hood. Damned P90X. It's interfering with my knitting!!

No comments: