Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Just to demonstrate my love for my readers, I'm posting today's blog, despite having one foot in the coffin. I may have overdosed on Airborne and Echinacea-Goldenseal, and yet, I still think there's an invisible giant with his foot on my head - and he keeps pressing down, harder, and harder.

I figure this is either the crud that's been making its way thru our office, or it's the effects of P90X - one or t'other.

But...I'm not here to moan and groan, I'm here to tell you about the horseback trip with WWO.
I took the two girls with me on this trip, seeing as how they both love horses. H has some experience with horses, having taken lessons when she was young, but I had practically none, and I don't think W has a whole lot either. Because H and W were my guests, the guide put the three of us together, so H had to suffer our slowness - although, I'd like to point out it wasn't mine or W's fault we were so slow - it was the four women in front of us who had no control whatsoever over their animals, and another woman who was afraid to go fast. Typical adult thinking - they think they need to protect the poor little children, but of course, who do you figure would like to gallop their horse - the frail little 70 year old, or the vibrant 17 year old? And yet, they stuck us behind the frail little 70 year old - who, I admire for being out there (she's probably really only 50, but hey - she looks about 65 - 70), but I wish they had put her in the back, not us.

But, I make this sound like we had no fun at all. In fact, we did have a nice time. I didn't get a whole lot of shots of all of us, and those of you who know me, know I won't post any of them with the girls faces clearly visible. To explain this - I don't believe in putting someone on my blog until they give me permission. And I don't believe in putting a minor on the blog until his or her parents (both) have given their permission - and since I don't have H's or W's parents permission...you don't get to see their lovely faces. Such is life. Get past it.

Still, here is one nice view we saw along the ride.
And here are all of us lined up, for a picture. Odd place to take the picture. We were all baking in the sun, and you can tell we were all pretty tired of sitting there, waiting for the guide to snap pics from each and every camera brought on the trip. The blue dot, third from the back is me - trying to shade my face.
For the most part, we were in nice shady/cool areas. Either shaded by trees, like you see here, or nice and breezy as we trotted through an open meadow.

Also, this is Rambo - my trusty mount. I had very little problems getting Rambo to heed my wishes, until the end when he was tired, but I still wanted to go fast - then he was a tad stubborn. But trust me, considering the girl in front of me kept walking through tree branches, compliments of her horse, Pearl, and the one in front of her liked to walk over bendable shrubs in order to scratch his belly, I'm not about to complain about Rambo being a bit lazy in the end. And besides - he matched me perfectly- look at those colors!
OK, I'm going to bed now.
Later.

No comments: