Thursday, September 10, 2009

Acadia '09 - Day Three

On Monday, one of the girls had an interview at the College of the Atlantic. Which left the other three of us kinda in limbo, since her interview was in the middle of the day. So, first things first, off we went to the Quiet Side of the Island, where one of my favorite yarn shops is, and where - big surprise - I spent a fair share of money on yarn.
1. Malabrigo Sock Yarn - for a vest
It's actually black - came out in the pic looking more blue.

2. Done Roving Sock Yarn - a mom/daughter team in Maine makes this- for over the knee socks for Christmas
3. Alpaca Sock Yarn - to re-knit the socks I knit for the SigO last year - which got lost. Weird story. Maybe another time.
4. Silk/wool blend for another shot at a camisole I want to go with my Noro short-sleeved jacket.

5. Lace weight yarn for this awesome scarf they had hanging there that I loved.The SigO and his daughter ate lunch while I happily yakked it up with fellow knitters and had a great time in the Lilac Lily.

Which, btw, is something I love about Maine. There are fellow knitters everywhere - some I've hooked up with on Ravelry already. What a great state! I found one in a quilting store, one in a wine shop, one knitting on the porch of our B&B, and one was a bartender! Knitters Rule!

I had to cut my shopping/yakking short so we could hightail it back to the college, just to wait another hour while the interview went WAY beyond the scheduled time, but she was really pumped about the whole thing, so it was worth the wait.

Not much time left at this point except to drive up to Cadillac Mountain, and check out the view.

So, yeah - it was a quiet day, but it was the only quiet day we spent and I know I had fun!

No comments: