Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Acadia '09 - Day Two

The girls were a lot more lively on Sunday, after having slept nearly 20hrs, give or take. So, first thing after a sumptious breakfast, we headed back to the park - the B&B provided a good breakfast - not one of those hokey ones where you get a muffin and a banana and that's supposed to cut it for the morning - we got pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc, etc.

The first thing we did was check out Thunder Hole, and it was kickin' big time! Probably the best performance I've seen. I tried a few times to get a better angle, by climbing up on rocks, but I think the SigO and his daughter found the best spot.
After Thunder Hole, we went back to Otter Cliffs, and hung out watching the wave action, but it didn't quite compare to the day before, so we headed over to Otter point, where you can sit down, right next to the waves.
After a quick lunch, where the SigO modeled his new look,we headed over to one of our favorite hikes - Jordan Stream. This hike was much more exciting than the first time we went, since portions were flooded. Yes - that's the trail - with the completely useless bridges spanning portions of flooded trails. Unfortunately, this also meant that the place where we left the trail last year, was unavailable - as it was now, no longer a gorgeous meadow, but instead a giant marsh.

As a result, we hiked a considerable distance further than originally planned, and missed the main point of the hike - the meadow full of blueberries. The girls referred to this as "the hike based on false promises and lies".
Still, we did come out on a gorgeous meadow, overlooking a lake, and the ocean. Lakes, oceans and mountains - only in Acadia!

That night, we headed to Rupununi's for lunch, where we laughed so hard, one of us (no names!) threw up. Literally! Can you just hear that conversation later: "Today, Dad made me hike five miles, through marshes and over flooded trails - and then he made me throw up!" That's how I would have worded it, but not everyone is as bad as me, I guess.

Day three will be posted tomorrow, where I bought BOUCOUP yarn, and one of the girls went for her interview at the COA.

1 comment:

mimi tootle said...

Jo, I just found out about your blog. You are one busy women...my life is really boring. It reads like a book and I'm waiting for the next chapter. What great things you have made. You should have a web site and sell them. I'll keep reading. New Years just wasn't the same...........Love, Millie