Monday, June 6, 2011

Hic'

Well, it was a wine-filled weekend.


Saturday, we started off the day with brunch at Jackson 20 in Old Town, Alexandria. My idea. Really just an excuse to get to go to Fibre Space down the street so I could sample the Techno I talked about in a recent blog. No great surprise I bought some. I bought some of the aquarius

and some of the atomic green,


which I intend to stripe - fat stripes aquarius, skinny stripes atomic green to make the Mango Moon shrug.


I also bought some of the rogue,

which I intend to use on the boho blouse.


As a result of my purchases, I now qualify for a private shopping party at Fibre Space. Here's the problem: None of my knitting friends live here in town. How bad does that suck? So, you all have to come to DC for a weekend so we can throw this party right!


So, obviously, the weekend was already off to a great start, and it just kept getting better. After Fibre Space, we headed to Sperryville for the Spring Fling Festival at Sharp Rock winery. Such a beautiful setting. It took us a while, and SigO a lot of cigarettes, to get away from the gnats, unfortunately, but it was still a nice setting. We bought a case of the Sauvignon Blanc, which, I swear, has a hint of pineapple. The best part of the fest was, as usual whenever H-Boo is around, ganging up on poor SigO.

Here's the scenery from our chairs.


Here he is lecturing his daughter.

And here he is after she saw a good looking guy and said "Yeah, I'd tap that!"

Good times. It doesn't get much better.
Oh, and of course, what weekend is complete without a beautiful barn?Sunday was Vintage Virginia. And boy did we time that right. Hardly any crowds, and nice and overcast so not oppresively hot as in previous years. As usual, we bought plenty of Valhalla wine, but also picked up some Octagon from Barboursville.

Purchases besides wine:


  • We found a b-day present for Mom.

  • H-Boo found some awesome clothes and a cool bracelet.

  • SigO bought me this beautiful jewelry.


A good haul for both of us. Thanks, LOML!


Next weekend: Camping and biking.


Til then...

No comments: