Monday, June 20, 2011

Pampered

Not many pictures to post from this past weekend, but it was quite enjoyable.
We kicked it off with massages for all three of us at Alternative Health Associates in Old Town. And of course, you know there's no chance of us going to Old Town without me going to Fibre Space. This time, I picked up yarn for a specific, if un-named project - just in case the recipient is reading this. Also picked up some yarn called Acadia - yes - I bought it primarily because of the name, given the fact that we go there every year - but it really is very pretty yarn, and I have a gift in mind for it as well. I had a really hard time picking one color, and I might not have picked the one I did had I known the colorway is Bog. Bog? Really?

Anyway, after Old Town, we went to Nordstroms for the Mens Sale where I got to watch my hottie get all decked out in Hugo Boss. The best part was when he was having a black suit fitted. He was wearing a dark purple striped shirt, and hadn't bothered to button it up very far, as he was only wearing it to fit the suit better. The combo of the black suit and shirt buttoned down to the middle of his chest had the awesome effect of making him look like a Columbian Drug Lord. The only missing element was a gold chain. Got some good giggles out of that one. Afterwards, he got his hair cut while H-Boo and I got mani/pedi's. So, a very pampered day, followed by Paella and Sangria for dinner. Very nice.


Sunday was the Manassas Wine and Jazz fest. Very small venue, which is a nice change of pace from the hectic hustle and bustle of larger fests like Vintage Virginia. Very relaxed and easy Sunday. Got lots of knitting done - I'd complain about SigO letting me knit drunk, but really, even when he tries to stop me, my usual response is: "I'm not that drunk." Famous last words - typically succeeded by lots of frogging.

No comments: