Thursday, June 11, 2009

First Thirsty Thursday

OK, as predicted, I'm already tired of "Therapy Thursday" and have decided Thursdays will be Thirsty Thursday. On this topic, I can be thirsty for anything.

For example, this week, I'm thirsty for good stories.

In the Yarn Harlot's daily calendar entry today, she tells the story told to her by a Malaysian friend. In this story, all the snakes in the Garden of Eden were originally plain old white until Eve took up her needles and kit the pattern onto them from the tail, right up to the head.

I think this is a great story. I mean, you can see it now, right?

Eve: "Adam, look at this great pattern! Don't you think this will look much nicer than plain old white?"

Adam, never looking up from his newspaper titled "Heaven's Daily News": "Mmm hmmm. Yes dear. Very nice."

Eve: "Wouldn't you love to give it a try! It's very relaxing, and it gives you such a sense of fulfillment to have made something so beautiful!"

Adam: "Are you crazy? Knitting isn't macho! What's for dinner tonight anyway? Not more manna, I hope!"

Eve: "Dinner is whatever you go and pick off a tree! Don't bother me, I'm knitting."

And they lived happily ever after.
Or, at least the snakes did.

No comments: